Category: Product Reviews
This post contains affiliate links / ads. See disclosure policy.
I purchased an Amazon Kindle Fire tablet in Dec 2011 as a Christmas gift for my kiddo. It has been put through a ton of usage – movies, games, math, science, reading books, blah, blah, blah, you get the picture. It is almost four years old now and it still works like a charm! Amazon has awesome customer support. I called Amazon with questions when I purchased my first tablet and they were very courteous and helpful over the phone. The version of tablet I bought didn’t come with any front or rear cameras.
- Processor: 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Cameras: Front and Rear Facing Cameras
- Wi-Fi: b/g/n support
- Storage: Comes with 8 GB internal storage. 4.5 GB is available for user.
- Extra Storage: Micro SD slot available – you can add up to 128 GB storage
- Weight: 11 oz. – very light
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Ports: USB 2.0 and SD Card Slot
- Charging Time: It charges up fully in about 6 hours
- Battery Life: Up to 7 hours of usage.
- Apps: Several apps and games available for free via Amazon Underground App Store
- Cloud Storage:
- Free Unlimited Cloud Storage for pictures taken using tablet
- Free Unlimited Storage of all Amazon content purchased
- Customer Support: Available via Screen Sharing, email, online chat and over the phone.
- Amazon FreeTime: Using Amazon FreeTime, parents can set daily access time limits on categories likes games and videos, but allow unlimited reading access. It also provides options to personalize look and feel for kids.
Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black is an Amazon #1 Best Seller under Computers & Accessories, received 11,233 reviews, and has a 4.2 out 5 overall rating. If you are looking for an entry level tablet that has got all the basic bells and whistles that you would expect to see in a tablet, Fire fits the bill – at an awesome price of $50.